Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Finishing Touches and Off She Goes




This morning I’m packing up Light My Day Barbie as she’s heading over to 50 Shotwell Galleries for the Altered Barbie Show opening on Thursday @ 7pm. I hope you’ll come out Thursday and see all the crazy Barbie pieces – homage and mockery all wrapped up in pretty pink like spun sugar.

I spent another 4+ hours yesterday finalizing the lamp, adding porcelain black heels and gloves to it, painting the top base white, affixing a special porcelain piece to the light switch.

I’m really going to miss my Barbie. I’m 36 so I haven’t exactly outgrown her and I’d love to keep her but (metaphorical) mom says I have to had her over today. Time to move on, to grow up. Put my big girl shoes on and head out into the cold harsh world. (It’s 59 this morning. Not exactly cold and harsh, but go with it.) Speaking of shoes, I have a special Barbie Perfect pair I’ll be wearing for the opening on Thursday night. Hope to see you there.

And here are the finishing touches:



Sugar Plum Fairy Barbie

Fabulous 40s Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment